Hyper-Tuned: Intelligent Business Optimisation for the Modern World, Part 2
This article outlines some of the benefits of a hyper-tuned business, beyond the requirement to respond to a faster paced, more dynamic environment.
A hyper-tuned business continually improving and making quick accurate decisions based on visual data that everyone trusts and understands has numerous advantages.
Accurate Data – One source of the truth eliminating poor decision from misinterpretation of differing data results.
- Multiple sources of the truth leading to poor or inaccurate decision-making.
- Avoids delays in key decisions through lack of confidence in data reliability.
Real-time Data – Enables a more dynamic business decision approach to maximise G&P opportunities
- Normal reporting cycle is monthly, with another two weeks required to formulate reports. Resulting decisions are made with data that is six weeks old, and current markets dynamics are changing daily.
- Availability is not locked into one location and can be accessed by any device in any place at any time.
- Cashflow is increased by instantly verifying costs for billing cycles.
Reveal Current Performance – Clearly shows performance trends and real time change of performance.
- Poor performance is averted or minimised by measuring issues that may arise instantly.
- Improved performance can be realised immediately reducing decision cycle time.
- Internal Clarity – aids communication with biz performance clear at all organisation levels.
- Stops confusion and mixed messages at different levels of the business through poor data interpretation.
- Unlimited access to dashboards provides total data availability at all business levels and stops limitations on data sharing.
Alignment – Aligns the organisational management structures through common understanding.
- Averts poor decision-making through various business levels only understanding part of the story or only one part of the business performance dynamics.
- Aligns all business levels to a common visual output and assist with ensuring all management teams are pulling in the same direction.
- Now all people can access visual data, some staff will enquire “what can I do to improve that number?”, improving engagement and ownership.
- Clarifies Opportunity – Clearly shows area of the business that will benefit from improvement
- Prevents business improvement opportunity decisions being based partly on emotion.
- Eliminates differing opinions in investment sign off due to differing views on data interpretation.
Improved Business Performance – Instantly and visually demonstrate the change in business performance.
- Prevents ambiguity around benefits of improvement activity.
- Stops delay in assessing the effectiveness of change on key business drivers.
- Prevents under resourcing of improvement activity through not clearly being able to verify improvement ROI.
- Prevents ambiguity around demonstrated benefits of capital investment.
- A lot of time is currently spent preparing slides for regular meetings, preparing regular reports, and creating internal communications to staff. Imagine all that work being eliminated, by a real-time dash which is projected in those meetings, emailed as a report (snapshot or link), and visible to staff on workplace monitors.
- Displaying the data has the effect of inviting challenges to the data. Some will say “are we measuring the right things? How about this?”, “that figure looks wrong, can we check”, “are those the right units?”, “is a bigger number a better number?” etc. So, there is a natural process of QA and continuous improvement, just from displaying the data in a visual form.
Efficient Management Processes – Modern process mapping and streamlining techniques can be instantly demonstrated in visual data.
- Visual diagnostic techniques can be employed to assess the effectiveness of the management systems across the enterprise.
- Enterprise transactions can be assessed to reveal duplication, wasteful process and inter communication break points with the supporting IT platforms such as RP systems.
- As the business adopts refined processes the effects will be displayed visually and instantly.
Optimised Supply Chain – Smart supply chain methodologies can be designed and verified instantly.
- Demand management and forecast accuracy can be fined tuned with new system designs tested instantly rather that running iterations monthly. This provides a previously unprecedented rate of change.
- Inventories can be minimised and lean inventory management techniques applied more quickly and efficiently.
- Improvements in warehouse design and automation can be tested and verified continuously.
Why aren’t more businesses hyper-Tuned?
Up until now business intelligence platforms have required a significant investment – there are further installation costs and ongoing subscription fees. This has been driven by a limited number of suppliers and therefore limited competition, not unlike the early days of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) platforms. As ERP platforms went from being a position of advantage, to normal business, more competitors entered the markets and more cost-effective options became available.
Business intelligence platforms are set to experience a similar cycle and there is now technology has enabled BI to be approximately a 10- 20% of the “normal” market price, with no installation costs and no ongoing subscription fees.
This now means BI platforms are much more accessible and there are options now available at a cost base enabling much smaller organisations to access the significant benefits.
When BI is used in conjunction with leading edge management techniques to reach a Hyper-Tuned State, the commercial model becomes self-funding enabling previously unprecedented levels of ROI.
End-to-end hyper-tuning is now accessible to all-sized organisations and will set the future bar for how businesses in all sectors are managed and how services will be delivered.
As a result, this faster, more dynamic and more intelligent business management approach is quickly going to become normal business and we move quickly to Industry 4.0. This is good for the early adopters, is great news for global business generally and extremely bad news for the technology laggers who simply will n longer be able to compete.
To find out how you could be an early adopter and revolutionize the speed and accuracy of your business, gain an edge, and build future resilience, simply follow the link below.
You can decide whether a hyper tuned approach is right for you, with a free confidential conversation to answer any questions you may have.